Dating in new orleans
In the 1970s, the house was restored to its original Spanish colonial style to include a wood gallery and high-pitched, tiled roof.
Kemper Williams and his wife Leila, the Historic New Orleans Collection (HNOC) has a mission of preserving the French Quarter and New Orleans history.This double cottage at 726-728 Toulouse Street is now a workspace of the exhibition preparation department. The holiday of Mardi Gras is celebrated in Southern Louisiana, including the city of New Orleans.Restored are seven architectural treasures in its Royal Street Complex and the Williams Research Center and on Chartres Street.The Royal Street Complex Includes: This main front building, which today houses the Williams Gallery, Louisiana History Galleries and the museum shop, occupies land that has been in continuous use from the early days of the colony in the 1720s.The Merieult House today still preserves the style of the 1830s renovation.
A Grand Greek revival room used for meetings, seminars, receptions, and exhibitions began life as colonial warehouse.
The residence, surrounded by three courtyards, is often described as a hidden house.
The townhouse at is a newer addition to The Collection, acquired in 1980.
One of the main attractions of the Historic New Orleans Collection, is named for Kemper and Leila Williams and 1940s and 50s decor remain as when they lived there. Built in 1889, almost 100 years after the Merieult House, the residence is an Italianate, two-story brick house with galleries.
The history of the property dates to Jean Franois Merieult, but it was Jean Baptiste Trapolin who built his house at the rear of the lot and purchased contiguous land fronting on Toulouse Street.
Across the courtyard from the Counting House, the three-story Maisonette features wooden galleries and railings.